Hi everyone. We are off to Hongkong in a few hours. That’s the reason why I have been silent lately… The trip was after Christmas plus I also had work on the 24th and 25th, so I was really busy. I miss checking out all your posts… And I miss sharing mine, too! We are currently here in Prism Hotel, Clark Pampanga which is a 2 hour drive from Manila. We chose to fly from Clark airport coz of price difference compared to Manila… However we are traveling with 3 kids plus our flight is too early so we decided to stay here overnight as it’s close to the airport. In the end, nakatipid ba kami? Haha… Lesson learned… Since we are traveling in a group of 9, we rented a suite composed of 3 rooms. I will post more pictures when I come back. I really can’t sleep that’s why I am blogging. 1 more hour and it’s time to leave the place… Hay, think I better rest my eyes. Have a great day everyone….
My entry for Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise.
Looking back on my birthday last June, I remember how they surprised me with a cake! I normally don’t celebrate my day ‘coz I already stopped counting my age ;). We just bought “pancit palabok” and roasted chicken for lunch. Suddenly, while singing “happy birthday”, my aunt came out from the back with the chocolate cake. Wow, felt really special and the cake, it’s really delicious!
The three kids went crazy over it. See the first picture, they started licking the cake. Hahaha. Who would also forget, they were the ones who blew the candle. hahaha.
Pancit Palabok by the way is a Filipino Rice Noodle dish with shrimp sauce topped with boiled egg, cooked shrimp and squid, boiled pork, crushed chicharon, tofu, scallions, and fried garlic.. I encourage you to try it.
You might like the recipe for Pancit Palabok, please check here.
Closer look of the palabok.
Photo grabbed from:
2012 is almost about to end. Isn’t it great to look back at the blessings we received this year? Not to mention, we survived ‘dooms’ day. Yes!
Have a great weekend and Happy Holidays!
- Surprise! « Spirit Lights The Way
- surprise!!! | bodhisattvaintraining
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | Ese’s Voice
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise! | MixerUpper.com
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Facade « Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Surprise | Chittle Chattle
- Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge: Things that make you happy « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Not your granny’s gingerbread house | Where’s my backpack?
- Weekly Photo Challenge: SURPRISE | eagerexplorer
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Surprise | Just Snaps
- Changing Seasons: More Snow | Empire of Lights
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise « A Western Buddhist’s Travels
- Surprise!..he passes through walls!! « Detours by Deepali
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise! | Randa’s Fans
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Country Surprise | Canoe Communications
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise. « 3rdculturechildren
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise – Joy and Woe
- Surprises around the world | Thirdeyemom
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Surprise (December Day 21) « A year in the Life
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise encounters with Renato Oliveira, an incredible Portuguese musician | Julie Dawn Fox in Portugal
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Surprise | Figments of a DuTchess
- Weekly photo challenge: Surprise. « Fotografía Incidental
- weekly photo challenge: surprise! « a nomad in the land of nizwa
- Weekly photo challenge: Surprise. « Fotografía Incidental
Today, Dec 19, 2012 marks our 2nd year wedding anniversary!
Our wedding anniversary brings to mind
The happiness and joy you’ve brought to me,
Sweet memories–the laughter and the tears,
Devoted love you give abundantly.
The place I want to be is close to you;
There’s ecstasy and peace in your embrace.
I know that I can cope with what life brings,
As long as I wake up to see your face.
You’re all I ever wanted, and much more.
I look at you and I still get a thrill.
Our marriage is the best thing in my life;
I love you deeply, madly, and I always will.
By Joanna Fuchs
Happy Anniversary to us!
Cheers to a lifetime of happiness and tears!
For me, this is the simple pleasure of my life! Having to celebrate our wedding anniversary in just a simple way but full of love and happiness. We had a late lunch out in Gerry’s Grill and we opted to bring our baby with us. Not a posh, expensive place, but surely the best celebration so far.
These are an example of simple Filipino dishes and I encourage you to try something different.
Grilled baby squid
Sinigang na bangus (milkfish) – has a sour taste. Check out the recipe here and try it.
Pork Sisig in a sizzling platter. Another must try. Check out the recipe here.
Meal will not be complete without sweets and so we bought ice cream. Another simple pleasure for me, anything S W E E T!
My entry for Marianne’s CBBH Challenge: Simple Pleasures.
That’s it for now! Have a great week ahead!
Dress: Get Laud Clutch: Forever 21 Shoes: Payless Pearl: Avon
Location: Grandview Events Place, Buma Bldg. Makati
It’s my first Christmas with my IGT family. Also, it’s my first time to win in a raffle contest! Seriously, I have no luck when it comes to this but hey, your fortune can really change. I won a washing machine which was one of the major prizes. I was really surprised when they called my lucky number, 1 4 2! Who knows, this might be the start of many other winnings.
You might be wondering where’s the picture of me claiming the prize! Sad to say, the battery of my camera died and my friend haven’t uploaded her pictures yet! So, I’ll just keep you hanging there for awhile!
That night was so much fun! With all the cheering and screaming to death to our dancers who joined the contest, drinks, sumptuous food, bonding with friends… We really had a blast! Truly a memorable day.
Highlights of the night were dance contest, band performers, best dressed contest and raffle. Over-all, the party was a success! All the planning paid off! Thanks to our organizers and leaders!..Til next year.
December is so generous to me. I thank you, Lord! Sooo many blessings I am really grateful for! I hope it will continue as we end 2012.
What about you? I want to hear your Christmas events, too!
My interpretation of “Delicate“.
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | Flickr Comments
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate « Detours by Deepali
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | Ohm Sweet Ohm
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate – Joy and Woe
- Delicate « Fenland Photos
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | Lonely Travelog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate « thelifebus
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate « The Eclectic Eccentric Shopaholic
- Invisible Spirit… « Eclipse
- A delicate balance | Thirdeyemom
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | My Blog
- Delicate Encounters – A WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge « Life in the Foothills
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | Milners Blog
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | Figments of a DuTchess
- Weekly Photo Challenge | Just Snaps
- weekly photo challenge: delicate « a nomad in the land of nizwa
- A Delicate Trust « Broken Light: A Photography Collective
- WordPress Photo Challenge: Delicate (December Day 14) « A year in the Life
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Delicate « buntscheck
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate « Hope* the happy hugger
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | Stories of The Wandering Feet & Mind
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate « KnowledgeKnut
- The Oh-So-Delicate Balance Between Man & Nature « Zeebra Designs & Destinations
- Weekly Photo Challenge – delicate | Chittle Chattle
- Weekly Photo Challenge – Delicate | One Beautiful Thing
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate work | Julie Dawn Fox in Portugal
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | MixerUpper.com
- WEEKLY PHOTO CHALLENGE: DELICATE « Francine In Retirement
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate | LooknWalk
- Weekly Photo Challenge: Delicate « de Wets Wild